About Kate’s ‘Be a Travel Writer!’ masterclass …
Kate Simon’s interactive workshop was a tour de force (no pun intended) on how to make your travels come alive for readers – and how to earn money by travelling. Kate covered writing for all kinds of publications, from books to magazines, newspapers to blogs, and knows her market as only a Fleet Street travel editor can (Kate was travel editor of The Independent on Sunday for seven years). We found out exactly what an editor looks for in a travel article – and how to deliver it – in this invaluable travel-writing workshop that was absolutely chock-full of inside tips.
If you’d like Kate to run a course for you and a group of like-minded friends, just call us on 020 3078 7825.
In the beautiful Bennet-Clark room, above, at The Royal Over-Seas League, London, we learnt:
* How to identify good travel writing and find your story;
* Build that story, using angles and themes
* Find your voice, with the right pace and language
* Discover lots of practical tips
* Find out how to make a successful pitch to editors, and secure commissions
* Make your travels pay – looking at pay rates, freebie etiquette et al
* Start writing your travel story on the day, with Kate’s expertise at hand
Perfect for bloggers, reviewers, travel-industry professionals, and journalists who want to add to their skills set – and anyone who loves travel and writing.
ABOUT KATE SIMON …
“Travel writing isn’t just a great way to make a living, it’s a fantastic way to really get under the skin of a destination.”
(Kate Simon, above)
Read one of Kate’s articles here .